There are many different ways to read through the Bible. Below are various Bible-in-a-Year plans, including one plan to read through just the New Testament in 6 months. Choose the plan that is right for you and let God begin to change you through His Word!
- Plan 1 - The Chronological Bible Reading Plan
- Plan 2 - Every Day be in both the Old and New Testaments
- Plan 3 - Read through the New Testament in 6 months
- Plan 4 - The Discipleship Journal Daily Reading Plan
- Plan 5 - The Bible in Two Years
YOU VERSION APP
Click here to see the various app options for phone, tablet or computer.
Dwell - Scripture Listening App
Click here to view or download the Dwell App. Dwell has various voice options as well as background music options for your Scripture reading.
If you find it difficult to sit down and read, you can still immerse yourself in God's Word through numerous audio options:
- Crossway.org offers the entire audio ESV Bible available for immediate download for $29.99.
- Bible Gateway offers Scripture audio in a variety of translations.
iTunes offers many free podcasts that will download the day’s selected passages for you. At the end of the year, you will have heard the entire Bible.
Just like the reading plans, there are multiple options:
- ESV Chronological Plan- Has daily passages in order of the timeline.
- ESV Every Day in the Word Plan- Has daily passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs.
- ESV Daily Reading Bible- Has daily passages from the Old Testament, New Testament, and the Psalms.
Bible Study Resources
There are many free and accessible resources online to help aid you in your study of God's Word:
- Blue Letter Bible provides powerful tools for an in-depth study of God's Word through their free online reference library.
- Best Commentaries seeks to help users make good, informed decisions about which commentaries they should purchase. It also provides a constantly updated bibliography of commentaries on each book of the Bible and other subjects.
- Logos Bible Software is a powerful Bible study platform that allows you to study Scripture and consult commentaries, devotionals, Bible dictionaries, and more—all from your computer, tablet, or phone.
2023 Summer Book List
The leadership at VCM has put together a list of recommended books and devotionals to help direct your summer reading towards purposeful spiritual growth. Click here to check out our recommendations and set goals to steward your summer well!
Weekly Worship Service
9:30am | Sundays at the Wilson Senior Center
2601 W Howard Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53221